Last Modified: September 24, 2018
What is Considered Personal Information?
COPPA defines ″Personal Information″ to include individually identifiable information that is collected online. It specifically includes:
- First and last name;
- Home or other physical address, including street name and name of a city or town;
- Online contact information, for example, an email address;
- Screen or user name that functions as online contact information;
- Telephone number;
- Social Security number;
- A persistent identifier that can be used to recognize a user over time and across different websites or online services, like an IP address;
- A photograph, video, or audio file that contains a child′s image or voice;
- Geolocation information sufficient to identify street name and name of a city or town; or
- Other information concerning the child or his/her parent(s) that is collected online from the child, which by itself may not individually identify the child, but when combined with other information becomes Personal Information.
Information We Collect from Children
Children can access many parts of Gigaraise′s Site and its content and use many of its features without providing us with Personal Information. However, some content and features are available only to registered users or require us to collect certain information, including Personal Information. In addition, we use certain technologies, such as cookies, to automatically collect information from our users (including children) when they visit or use the Site.
We only collect as much information about a child as is reasonably necessary for the child to participate in an activity, and we do not condition his or her participation on the disclosure of more Personal Information than is reasonably necessary. Furthermore, in any instance that we collect Personal Information from a child, we will retain that information only so long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the activity request or allow the child to continue to participate in the activity, and ensure the security of our users and our services, or as required by law. In the event we discover we have collected information from a child in a manner inconsistent with COPPA′s requirements, we will either delete the information or immediately seek the parent′s consent for that collection.
Because children are not the primary intended audience of this Site, Gigaraise may use an age screen to determine the age of the user. Certain areas or features of the Site may not be accessible to children.
Information We Collect Directly
[Insert specific instances of the collection of personal information of children (e.g. registration, social media, sweepstakes, etc…) and the specific types of Personal Information collected].
Information We Collect Automatically
We use technology, including cookies, to automatically collect information from our users, including children, when they access and navigate through the Site and use certain of its features. The information we collect through these technologies may include:
[Insert specific information collected automatically]
How We Use Your Child′s Information
We use the Personal Information we collect from children to:
- Register him or her with the Site.
- Communicate with him or her about activities or features of the Site.
- Track his or her performance in competitions and activities.
We also use non-personal as well Personal Information we collect automatically to improve our Site and its features and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about the child′s preferences.
- Allowing us to customize the content according to individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
Obtaining Parental Consent for Collection of Children′s Personal Information
In the event that Gigaraise wishes to collect Personal Information from a child, COPPA requires that we first seek a parent′s consent. We will seek to obtain consent by direct email, mail, fax, or telephone call to the parent.
With regard to school-based activities, COPPA allows teachers and school administrators to act on behalf of parents to provide consent for the collection of personal information from children. Schools should always notify parents about these activities.
Our Practices for Disclosing Children′s Information
We do not share, sell, rent, or transfer children′s Personal Information other than as described in this section.
We may disclose aggregated information about many of our users and information that does not identify any individual. In addition, we may disclose children′s Personal Information:
- To third parties we use to support the internal operations of our Website and who are bound by contractual or other obligations to use the information only for such purpose and to keep the information confidential.
- If we are required to do so by law or legal processes, such as to comply with any court order or subpoena or to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Gigaraise, our customers or others, including to protect the safety of a child; to protect the safety and security of the Site; or to law enforcement agencies or for an investigation related to public safety.
Accessing and Correcting a Child′s Personal Information
At any time, a parent may review the Personal Information of his or her child that is maintained by us. Additionally a parent can contact us to require us to correct or delete the Personal Information, and/or refuse to permit us from further collecting or using the child′s Personal Information.
A parent can review, change, or delete his or her child′s Personal Information by contacting us at:
[insert mailing address]
[insert phone number]
[insert fax number]
[insert email address]
To protect the privacy and security of our users, we may require parents to take certain steps or provide additional information to verify their identities before we provide any information or make corrections.